Can I Shoot Bail Agent for breaking in my home? ?

I live in California, and I was wondering because I’m watching bounty hunter shows, if a bail agent is wrongfully entering my home by force, let’s just say they have a wrong address, and I tell them it’s the wrong address and they attempt to boot my door down and enter my home with weapons can I legally defend myself and my home.

• Foofa

In California you can't injure someone just for breaking in. They actually have to be trying to harm you. You're supposed to stand by and watch them steal your stuff then go physically into a police station later ('cause cops won't show up to a robbery) to file a report (that will go straight into the waste bin unless you're a celebrity). 

You watch too much TV.  Bounty hunters don't kick in doors.  If so, they would be called "Police Officers."

They can't boot your door down though, they do not have a warrant.

Yes if an armed man breaks down your door let him get inside then cut him in half with a 12 gauge he is an armed home invader. Anybody can claim they are the police or sheriff or other if I don't see police cars in my yard and somebody gets to get in saying he is a bounty hunter or cop he better have blue lights on his car and back up arriving or for all I know he's a killer pretending.

• martin

Yes you can.  As soon as you say it's the wrong address, and that's true, they no longer have any rights in the matter.