What happened with these eggs?

I always get 6 eggs with my weekly shopping. I like a boiled egg every day for my breakfast. But not on a Friday. Never ever on a Friday. I'm a devout catholic so I can't eat meat on a Friday. Anyway. This week the shop accidentally sent me a box of 10 eggs. That's too many for me, and I've already ordered 6 for next week. I've read you need to be careful with eggs and their sell by dates so rather than take any risks I thought I should freeze them. Anyway, a few days later I went to the freezer and the eggs had burst. Does this mean the eggs were fertilised and a baby chicken tried to get out?

Favorite Answer

Modern Catholics can eat meat on Friday all they need to do is to sacrifice something they like on Friday Like your eggs 

Eggs burst if you freeze them. Eggs last for weeks. 

• kswck2

Gee, i Wish i had all your problems. 

• You are putting way too much time into your trolling.

• Goerge

The water in the egg expanded and broke the shell. It will do the same thing with unopened bottles and cans. I'd use the extra eggs for baking or maybe make custard or pudding with the eggs. 

To be clear I am talking about prior to them being frozen which ruins them. 

hmmmm