ItsBitzo asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Should i feel embarrassed?

I was in the curbside parking lot of the local Home Depot today. While I was waiting, this woman came out of the store with a shopping cart and walked past my car but started staring with her mouth gaping open through the back window of my car As she went past.

She unloaded her cart at her vehicle, Then started walking back towards the store to return her cart and was gawking through my back window again. When she returned to her car, she again was staring strangely through the back window of my car as she went past.

Then she got in her car and started to leave the parking lot, but as she drove past my car she stopped and was staring out her window with her mouth hanging open again. I was getting irritated at this point, so I rolled my window down and hollered out “is there a problem?”

She said, “no, your dog is just cute“.

I felt super embarrassed at that point, but she‘D been so weird about it because she wasn’t looking and smiling... she was looking like she had an issue with something

• Helen
    Favorite Answer

I don't think you should, but it's ok if you do.

It's just one of those awkward things. Perhaps there was an issue and she didn't want to say. 

Is it possible she didn't see you at first and thought the dog was left in the car alone?

Either way, I commend you for having the guts to call her out on it. I'm one of those people who wouldn't have said anything and just worried about it for days after!

i dont think so, i think she should be embarrassed

• Kenny

Maybe a little ..............

If there were any time to be embarrassed, it would've been in the moment. Now that it's over and you'll likely never see that woman again, it just doesn't matter