Why does my narcissist ex keep in contact ?

My narcissist ex and me have been split for 3 months now, he said after the breakup that he wanted to keep in contact with me ‘to update me on career changes etc’ as he moved to a different country for a new job. He messages me every month or so and writes paragraph after paragraph about how amazing his new job and apartment is and how much money means to him (it was always that way). Can anybody please offer any advice? I would like to keep in contact with him as it’s not in me to be a spiteful person.

• Tj

Block him and move on.

• Linda

If you know he is a narcissist, why would you choose to remain in contact, knowing how destructive he is and was. Breaking off all contacts is not spiteful, it is imperative for a sound mind and to get your life back and find happiness again. Don't you want that? He only remains in contact because you are supportive and he sees you as supply. You will never find the happiness that you deserve as long as you remain tied to that dead relationship. Cut it off.

Source(s): Been there before so I know.

My narcissist ex and me have been split for 3 months now - ok

he said after the breakup that he wanted to keep in contact with me ‘to update me on career changes etc’ as he moved to a different country for a new job - and with him being a narcissist, I bet those career changes were wonderful, high salary, how the company can't manage without him etc etc

He messages me every month or so and writes paragraph after paragraph about how amazing his new job and apartment is and how much money means to him (it was always that way) - that is typical narcissist behavior. Bragging, but constantly needing to do it

Can anybody please offer any advice? - easy one this. Do you have kids together? If not, stop contact. He is your ex and in a different country and he is a narcissist. That is a mental health condition

I would like to keep in contact with him - why?

as it’s not in me to be a spiteful person - you realise that not keeping in contact with an ex doesn't make you spiteful in any way, shape or form

Because he's a narcissist. It's not good enough for him to move and get a new job, he has to make sure you know every little detail so he knows that you know that he's doing better than you. If it were the other way around and you were bragging like that to him everyday then he probably would never talk to you again because his narcissistic tendencies wouldn't allow him to.

• Janet

Because he the likes the thought that he is important enough that you care about what he is doing.  It has nothing to do with you.