Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 4 weeks ago

I get extremely sad and depressed when i think about my ex girlfriend. How to get over? It's been 1 year since she broke up ?

She broke up with me for losing attraction, no fights or anything else. We're still friends tho, BFF i can tell, but knowing we're not dating anymore is really depressed. I have thoughts of the when we started dating, it was 1 year after being friends, i liked her already, then she told me she dreamed of having sex with me then things happened. Now she broke up with me 1 year ago and i am still stuck in past thinking in the begining of our relationship and what i could have do for this to not have this end 

• Alan H

Keep busy.   Enjoy the memories but remember thst now is not always 

• Tj

You will not get over her if you are BFF.  Time to find new friends and a new gf

Love cannot be forggotten that easily. I cant even get over my crush for months.

• Janet

The infatuation/fantasy phase always DOES die out. Sometimes as soon as halfway through the first dates, other times as long as 3 years into the marriage.  The most common time is 1-3 years in the dating phase.

And when it dies out, that is when we find out if we actually LIKE each other as a person. Before then, it is our own biochemical "high" of infatuation that we like.

Psychology says that if we are not completely over someone after a year, then we need therapy to learn HOW to get over them. Make an appointment for therapy, since there is no need to be unhappy for the rest of your life over something that never was real.

• martin

It seems that she would react favorably, if she knew how badly it affects you that she broke up with you.  However, if she did it once, she very well may do it again.