Is an androgen insensitive man a transwoman or a ciswoman?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

People with the condition of androgen insensitivity are genetically male and may have mostly female external sex characteristics or signs of both male and female sexual development. So they are not trans but may have a male or a female gender identity.

• 1 month ago

In the real world where most of us live, the words androgen insensitive, transwoman and ciswoman just do not exist, they are meaningless and are only used by losers and under achievers who wasted their years in uni thinking life was just a game, these same people in a few years time will be claiming benefits and living in sink estates and wondering where it all went wrong.

• Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As long as he is XY, he is a man.

• 1 month ago

There are no completely androgen insensitive men.  Gender dysphoria is unknown among CAIS people.  She's cis.  However, there are different degrees of androgen insensitivity.  You should probably ask each of them individually, as it were, because you're likely to get different answers.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • People with androgen insensitivity syndrome (AIS) are intersex and invariably they all identify as female. Most intersex people do not consider themselves cisgender.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There no trans women but men who think he women and there no ciswomen just real Women

• 1 month ago

I'd say they're intersexed, above anything else. Although you could also argue that they're biological males with a medical condition that made them develop differently, in more of a female / feminine way. It's just nature doing something different, either way. And it's okay. From what I've heard, though..? Most of them feel and identify as female. And the way I see them, at least..? I'd say they're neither 100% trans nor 100% cis. They're intersexed.

• 1 month ago

Neither. They are intersex. Born male, socialized as female.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

"Is an androgen insensitive man a transwoman or a ciswoman?"

It's not for anyone to say, except the androgen insensitive person.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.