Why am I allergic to egg whites?

I took a good sensitivity and it was my only allergy. It said to stay away from cookies pies and cakes that have egg whites. Which makes sense since I'm trying to lose weight but I thought egg whites are supposed to be healthy!

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Everyone is different, people have different sensitivies. i for example am allergic to a certain antibiotic. It doesn't mean that antibiotic is not healthy or good for you, it just does mean it's not good FOR ME.

Same in your case. As a Dietitian, yes, egg whites can be a good source of protein, but if you are allergic to them, they aren't good for you.

Why do allergies happen? there are a few theories about it but the point is: you are allergic to this and only thing you need to do is avoid it. 

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

You took a good sensitivity? 

This is new language for me. 

Allergies have nothing to do with food being healthy.  You just have a sensitivity to it, if it's true. 

I have developed an allergy to Neosporin.  Talk about odd.

• Diana
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

My sister has an egg allergy, but only to the yolk part.  

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Genetics, most likely.

You need to go back to the administrator of your food sensitivity test, and ask them 'What's Up?. It is irresponsible for them to provide medical evaluations with no explanation.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

These tests are guess work not scientific. No doubt you have been eating egg whites all of your life and had no problems.

Yes ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.