My ceiling light goes on @ 12:00 pm & goes off around 3:00 pm. The switch is on the off position. We changed the light switch, but no change?

There is a timer somewhere.  Ask an electrician to help find it. It may be the light fixture itself. Though I have not seen those.  Your ceiling light is controlled by a different switch. Not the one you changed...obviously.  Bummer. It means YOU HAVE TO DO THE WORK.  I am going to crack open a cold one.

Remove the bulb for now and call an electrician when you have the time and money.

Remove the switch completely and see if it still happens.  If it does I agree there must be a timer somewhere that is causing it.

A short in the switch could be possible but if it's happening the same time every day it must be wired into a timer. 

• CB

Move out you have a ghost.  

Does the light switch turn on and off the light normally? Are there any other switches that control the light (double switched lights are fairly common).