? asked in SportsFootballEnglish Football · 1 month ago

Is 'taking the knee' permanent now in English football and other elements of society in UK?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 weeks ago

not just the people of the British Island, but all the peoples of Europe, Asia, and Africa been taking the knee for hundreds or thousands of years to show their subservience to their rulers or "betters"

• 1 month ago

how about...

i run towards you smash a bottle over your head and knee you ?

# LI - VER - POOL  #

# L I - VER - POOL #

haha woooo

yeaaaaaaah ! ^_^

CHAMPIONS ! CHAMPIONS ! CHAMPIONS !

6 TIMES CHAMPIONS OF EUROPE

We ARE the the 'creme de la creme' of England and the TOP team on Merseyside.

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Watched an English PL

game last week and of course they took the knee.

Given 16 out of the 22 players were black or mixed race,and they were probably earning between £100k and£200k a week, I found it ironic that they were protesting against white privilege. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The second that racism stops they can stop doing that.

I suppose you could argue that this is virtually the same as saying that when mental illness stops you can stop building psychiatric hospitals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • CMD
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

**** knows....

• Adam
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I hope it isn't and society gets significantly less racist but hey ho

• August
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I would only do it if i was knighted. Don't support politics in sport-keep it out !

• Ryan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

How is the taking the knee thing not being called out as insensitive and offensive? The whole current BLM stuff all started because a guy was killed by a cop kneeling on his neck! I know the taking the knee stuff started in 2016 and it's dumb btw but right now isn't it a bit insensitive for all these sports stars to be doing this considering how George Floyd was killed! 

• 1 month ago

They will get booed when fans are allowed back in stadiums and the clubs will backtrack.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The novelty of this stupid nonsense will war odd pretty soon. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.