Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCorporations · 1 month ago

Do I need to get the police involved with this?

I bought something on eBay it's been 2 months haven't got the item yet and the eBay person I bought it from doesn't respond to me when I ask for a refund

11 Answers

Relevance
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The police will investigate the matter when they get caught up with  investigating theft, domestic violence, civil demonstrations, narcotics issues .assault, car theft, 

arson, robbery. etc.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's not a good idea to wait two months.  Contact ebay until you get an answer, and also try contacting the seller directly.

• Isabel
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

I'd recommend going through the established mechanisms with eBay, themselves. Don't bother the police.

• 1 month ago

Don't bother the police- they can't do a doggone thing about eBay. Try notifying eBay instead. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yeah, call 911.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You can file a report but don't expect any action. The closest help you can get is from eBay itself. Not the seller. File a complaint, if it's not yet too late.

• Scott
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, because it isn't a criminal matter. You need to involve eBay or Paypal.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Ebay pay/pal has their own policy to refund you up to a $1000. Hope you saved the page the item was on because they will lie to you and say the item wasn't covered.They will remove the posted guarantee refund on the right hand side of the page if you file a complaint.Happened to me years ago and i was only partially refunded.They also told me they would send creditors after the said ripoff party but never did.Good luck getting all your money back.

• 1 month ago

The police won't get involved in this. It is considered a civil matter. You should be contacting eBay instead.

• Use the eBay Resolution Center.  That's what it's for.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.