Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 1 month ago

a restaurant didn't hire me for having facial piercings and tattoos where I applied for a job?

The manager looked at me funny. He acted like he didn't want to hire me even though I have a lot of experience.

Favorite Answer

If you are good I don’t care what you look like

You wanted to look like a freak and now people treat you like a freak- welcome to the real world.

• Tom

What do you expect?---It was for a Restaurant Job and not a Freak Show (No insult intended)  Such things upset "regular people" so it would not be wise to HIRE someone who would do so for a restaurant job.---Not like it's RACE, or DISABILITY that cant be changed or isn't a choice, YOU elected to have the tats, etc, and agreed, in principle, to accept the consequences---freaking out the "straight folks"---could be fun, but has its disadvantages too.

• JimZ

If your experience is with having facial piercings and tats, he may want someone with experience working in a restaurant, just saying.

Facial piercings are a NO in the hospitality business as they are unhygienic. It seems that you didn't dress appropriately for an interview. Covered sleeves (tattoos) taken out the piercings. If you have tattoos on the hand etc, this is also a no. Not sure if you have face tattoos, but again, a NO. First Impressions count and unfortunately, once an interviewer has made up their mind, move on. 

Keep trying because the more try ,the more success you get. And while going for a interview try to be at your best look. Also be more energetic.

• F

If you’re black claim discrimination, if you’re white, get rid of the piercing and hide the tats. 

not a question.

• arther

get used to that happening

Stick to jobs in which you don't come face to face with the public. You decided to make a statement when you got the tattoos and piercings; now, you are stuck with the results (figuratively, as well as literally).