Anonymous

Is it right of my mother to make comments about my body?

I'm 20-years-old and I have a large breast size 34F and I am not overweight. I love my breasts but people always make comments. Today my mother looked at my breasts and said for me to look at the stretch marks on my breasts and was about to say something else but saw that I didn't like where the conversation was heading so she said that they're there because of a lack of moisturization, but I moisturize my skin all of the time. She just constantly makes comments regarding my body and it makes me feel so uncomfortable almost tearing up.

get a job and  say see you beech

• Alan H

Maybe not right, and obviously you feel sensitive but it really is not a big enough issue to worry about.    If it really concerns you consult a doctor.

You just love everything about yourself and your mother needs to quit body shaming you. Because everything that she says to you it’s going to affect how you see yourself later on in life.So you’re going to have an opinion of yourself she’s gone and plant negative seeds in your head and you’re going to believe them and not know your value in self worth because your mother doesn’t have enough common sense to have respect for her child and to know better not to say bad things because words do matter.In the aged some parents get jealous of their female it’s another to get jealous of their daughters because the mom’s gotten old and the daughter looks good so they want to put them down because they don’t feel pretty about themselves no more so they don’t want you to feel pretty as that happens I don’t know if that’s what’s going on at the thought to ponder.

I wouldn't worry as mums always say things like that but I would remind her it is connected to your DNA and nothing you can do about it and moisturising wont help stretch marks as that is connected to hormones.