Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

If he hit me twice, will he hit me again? ?

The first time was when we got into a heated argument. I was walking out on him and he said I embarrassed him in public. So he slapped me a few times. He said that he was sorry and he wouldn't do it again.

The most recent one was he did it yesterday. He went through my phone and saw I was speaking to a few guy friends. 

He got really jealous. He snatched my phone from me and hit me. He hit me multiple times and i have a few bruises this time. All on my face. He cried tho and fell to my feet. He kept begging me to stay with him and promised he won't do it again. 

His apology seemed so genuine and he was even crying. But I'm still on edge tho. Should I give him another chance? Or will this become a habit? Maybe people do change for the better sometimes. Help please. 

For anyone who thinks I'm cheating. I reached out to a few friends cause I'm looking for a job cause I lost my previous job due to the pandemic. I reached out to both my male and female friends. But he only chose to point out the male friends. 

Favorite Answer

How many times do you plan to believe a guy that promises he won't do something again and then does it? The next time ( and there will be a next time if you stay) he'll be blaming you for his loss of control. The saying that the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior certainly applies here. Stop letting this guy manipulate your emotions and using you like you are just a stupid thing to possess. You deserve so much better. This is how women end up with damaged self-esteem and histories of miserable lives with abusive men. Some never make it more than a few years before the guys they failed to leave kill them. The reason is that more often than not the abuse escalates over time. Your guy has already escalated from the first time, hasn't he?

Please leave him and don't look back.

time to move on......wont get better

• Jesere

Leave him, it only gets worse.

• keerok

All it takes is one hit for him to realize he can do it again and again to you for as long as you are with him, for any reason at all. Time to leave. Fast!

• Ana

You’re both messed up.

What you did both times was inexcusable- cheating is wrong, and yes talking to guys in a flirty way counts is cheating, you can’t hide behind the “they were friends” shtick; and walking out on your man is extremely rude and messed up also. It’s anti-social, socially embarrassing, and just flat out unacceptable. Like idk how to say it but you simply DO NOT DO THAT. 

He obviously was even more wrong to hit you, but if you’re flirting with other guys and walking out on your man in public (both of which are infuriatingly disrespectful and trashy and shows you don’t respect him), then why would you expect him to respect you? 🤷🏻‍♀️

You both need to work on yourselves BIG TIME.

• Jerry

Now why on earth would you give someone a THIRD chance to beat on you? 

Is being single really so ghastly that you think being with a "boyfriend" who batters and beats you is better than being Blessedly Single? Learn to fly solo. Just because there aren't any good co-pilots currently available to you doesn't mean you're grounded!

• g

The best indicator of future behavior is past behavior. The only acceptable apology is changed behavior. People can and do change, but they have to choose it. Groveling at your feet while your face (or anything else!) is all bruised by him, helps nothing.

No he will not change. The first time he hit you should have been enough for you to leave him.

He will definitely do it again. You will be better off to quit and run while you are ahead.

• Gert

Yes, he will.  Move on.