Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsHeart Diseases · 1 month ago

Problems with aorta ? ?

I've come to the conclusion that I have some kind of paranoia, thinking I have a different health problem every day. Here's today's problem; A while ago I found out you can have an "aortic dissection" though it is pretty rare and especially at my age (19) and with no other health conditions, nor a family history of any problems relating to it. But the thought alone of it makes me very scared. I was wondering why I feel a heartbeat near my abdomen area & funnily enough one of the first results online are about aortic dissections and aneurisms. Once again, I have none of the risk factors, but still would like to make sure or my brain might explode from overthinking lol.. so the website (i don't know how reliable) states the following as symptoms – if you have any at all : 

intense or persistent pain in the abdomen or back, pain that radiates down to the buttocks and legs, a rapid heart rate, low blood pressure, difficulty breathingfainting, nausea and vomiting, feeling, sweaty or clammy, dizziness, sudden weakness on one side of the body, shock

I am also on my periods rn so I have been having some pain in areas listed above. Mildly severe but they come and go. I've had pretty low blood pressure these days too – my mother even said "i'm surprised you've never passed out" 

fyi, i'm anemic idk if it's important to note 

and my heart rate's been spiking up with the smallest move, but I'm also not the athletic type🤓

Tell me, do I have reasons to worry? it's been like 2 days 😐

• You are suffering from hypochondriacal anxiety.  Try taking a brisk 2 mile walk every day.  You need a balanced diet (traditional meat and two veg works well) and you wouldn't be anaemic.  If your periods are heavy, try taking a chelated iron supplement. 

Please get yourself into therapy.  You do not have ANY risk factors for this.  You sound like you have an anxiety disorder rather than any physical health condition.  If you keep on this path you are going to get labeled as a hypocondriac.  At 19, it is in your best interest to seek out professional mental health support so that you can live a happy, healthy life.

• Petter

Nah, you worrying is probably much worse than any of your physicals ailments.