Why do some women find androgynous and/or feminine looking men attractive?

Men with higher testosterone and highly masculine features are a turnoff to some women. How? That doesn't make sense biologically. Some women prefer men who wear dresses/makeup and are frail and skinny and feminine and meek looking. I jus't see how a straight women could find a male who looks like a woman attractive. I know many women who have a fantasy about dating feminine gay men. I've never heard of the reverse scenario where straight men are attracted to women who look like men. That's called being gay.

Update:

I think these "straight women" are actually either bisexual or lesbians

4 Answers

Relevance
  • As a pansexual "woman" I like anyone who has a nice personality and fem guys often have wonderful personalities. Also- I've met many straight dudes who ADORE tomboys but go off lmaooo 

• 1 month ago

Because those women have higher testosterone levels. Masculine women love feminine men and feminine women love masculine men. It's a very simple logic.

• 1 month ago

Physically reproductive fitness is not the only determinant of sexual attraction or there would be no paraphilias.  It might be because they want to find a male version of themselves, i.e. someone compatible, and it doesn't follow in any case that such a person wouldn't be very fertile.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Different strokes for different folks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.