AskZilla asked in Social SciencePsychology · 4 weeks ago

Why are they trying to instill so much fear in us regarding Covid19?

Favorite Answer

Thats how the media works, thats how they make their money.

Fear sells.

Its the biggest news story of all time, I think everybody is reading about it or watching it on TV

They have to keep coming up with new angles to keep people interested, most of it is total BS, just today I read a report that the virus can be spread by plumbing in apartment buildings. Somebody flushes the toilet on the 8th floor and everybody else in the building is potentially at risk, I'm no plumber but I find that one a bit difficult to swallow.

If you watch it and chat about it you are just as much a part of the problem as anyone else.

• Isabel

So we don't kill members of our communities.

They want us to change our vote in November.

Protests and rioting are OK though.

It's a fearsome thing.  No one has to try and add to that - we all should be afraid, and careful.

• Matt

Probably because it is a deadly virus that has killed 550k people worldwide in 6 months. Even those who have relatively mild cases have suffered ongoing health complications such as strokes, blood clots and lung conditions. Humans have no natural immunity, we have no vaccine and no cure. The virus spreads quickly through the population because more than half of all cases are asymptomatic. But other than that, there’s absolutely no reason to be worried