Is it homophobic not to support the gays?

Real question. I don't think I am. It's my opinion and belief so why are people aggressive when I say I don't support the lgbt community? Do you think it is homophobic or transphobic and why exactly?

• Sky

Not necessarily.  Merely having total apathy towards LGBT people and their movement for pride and equality is a case of not being supportive while not being homophobic.  Being homophobic is the total opposite of support in that it's a matter of hate, rejection, and actively working against them, while apathy is a neutral middle ground.

You can respect a group of people without agreeing with them, as long as you aren't being disrespectful, rude or discriminating against them then I see no issue? Just have basic respect for people and not judging them for living that way 

Why are you even here asking this?

It's homophobic. You dont support a group of people for  e x i s t i n g. It makes you sound really dumb. Do you even know what you mean by support? 'Oh I'm not homophobic but if a bill came around to take away their rights I'd be happy with that'

'Oh I'm not homophobic but I'd kick my child out for being lgbt' 'I just think it's a bad life choice' oooo I'm so oppressed by queer people existing. I have human rights i need to crap on people who don't.

Homophobia is irrational fear or aversion. 

You or someone else has brought this same question up several times.  I wonder why.  If you are so sure that you are not homophobic, why ask this question here?  Or anywhere?  And anyway, what does the word "support" even mean in this context. I wonder if YOUR aggression is met with aggressive responses.  I wonder which victim is being abused here.

I find the word "support" weird here.  Homosexuals and trans gender people are just a fact of life.  What would supporting us constitute?

It usually works out that way. It's a topic people tend not to be neutral on.

It is your opinion and it is a truthful one. As long as you're not harming them or their property there is NOTHING wrong with you or your opinion. It is morally wrong to be homosexual and/or transsexual and I do not see why straight people (liberals) stand by them as if they were their kings and queens (with the men being the queens).

Not supporting the LGBTQ community is one thing. Announcing to people you don't is another. Making such announcements isn't just not supporting. It's being anti. Anti is homophobic. So such an announcement is also a lie, because you're pedaling yourself as neutral, but you're not neutral. Neutral people quietly stay out of it. They don't jump in with such announcements. So when people get aggressive with you in response, now you know why, that it's just your aggression being answered by them in kind.