Does s*x bring two people closer together in a relationship?

My new boyfriend and I started dating around a week ago, and he wants to have s*x. I'm ready for it, but im afraid giving him what he wants so soon will drive him away. I view s*x as an intimate activity that brings people together and strengthens their emotional connection. Do other people think this way? Is it different for men? Am i doing it too soon? Please let me know! 

Thank you! 

you cant get closer than sex

Emotionally no that does not mean anything 

It does but then males begin looking for others. Sorry.

• In some cases, it can very much do that.  In other cases, you don't have that and you find out you don't have that 'connection' thing.  

• Chad

"Do other people think this way? Is it different for men? Am i doing it too soon? Please let me know!"

I usually will focus on other women if I cant get a chick in bed within the first week of meeting her. 

I definitely would not being having sex with someone after a week. I think that just gives them what they may be looking for and they may never call or speak to you again. Personally I can honestly say the longer I’ve waited to sleep with someone the more meaningful the relationship was and the better the sex was. Not to say I’m a born again virgin... the longest I’ve waited is 3 months but it was my longest and most meaningful relationship because we both cared about each other and loved each other. We are no longer a couple but still keep in touch 20 years later

It can, especially when you include the letter "e".  Yes, I think you are doing it too soon, IF you want more than the physical act, and it sounds as if you do. You cannot possibly have enough information or rapport with someone you've only known for a week.  If he is of good character and genuinely interested in you, as a person, he'll be willing to wait until you are ready in the fullest sense; if not, he's just looking for a booty call. Good wishes, its up to you, honey, to put yourself first and hold your standards and expectations high.