Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Should I also see other people?

I really like this guy but i suspect he's talking to and possibly seeing others. I had been loyal to him but we are not a couple, and we are beginning to be romantically involved with each other.

Should I talk to other people since he might be? He's putting low effort.

i drove an hour to see hi,, i'm always the one initiating meetings and driving 1 hr to see him and initiating the communication.

I just assume he's talking to and seeing others.

• Edna

You admit you're not a "couple", so he has every right to talk to and see other women. You have ever right to talk to and see other men. Since you're not a couple, it beats me why you're willing to drive one hour to see him and initiate messages.

• Foofa

Perhaps you should just ask him if he wants to be exclusive. If he says no then you'll have your answer. 

Should isn't part of this.  Instead of playing childish guessing games (I think he is so I "should" too), why not simply ASK the guy if he is seeing other women.  No one can but their heart into a relationship is they are also cultivating romantic or sexual relationships with other people.

From your post, it sounds like you've fallen for a guy who isn't really that interested in you.  He's happy to have you do the work but he isn't interested enough in you to put in the effort.  Is that really worth your energy?  I'd suggest you realize he isn't the right guy, have a good cry, and then move on to better men when you're ready.

thats up to you but maybe you should talk to him about it

Not an Etiquette question ...

By your own admittance you are making assumptions, so have a conversation to better ascertain where you stand in the dynamic with this dude.  If you continue to speculate/assume, you will not get resolution.  Also, listen to your intuition, how much emotional attention do you want to give this person?

I'd say he's picked up how keen you are- sounds like he's keeping you around until someone better comes along/he has sex with you. Whichever comes first. He's not doing any of the things a guy who IS interested, does.  This guy really isn't worth the pain you'll have.

hello. Maybe you can look for another boyfriend. Imagine he treats you like that in a casual relationship; how will he treat you if you are his wife?

There are billions of guys out there. Move on.

Absolutely you should at least be talking to others. You know that saying about not putting all your eggs in one basket? One thing I can guarantee is that in 15 years or so, the fact you focused on one guy too long will be a regret. You will look back and ask yourself why you didn't let go, met more people, and had some good fun.