Research Paper format?

So I am taking a physics class and our assignment is to do a research paper on a topic of our choice. The paper is only like 3% of our grade so I did not worry about it. I would ask my physics professor but it is due soon, so i dont want her to know I waited till last minute. She did not give any format or any instruction on how to do the paper. Should I do it in MLA format? or APA with the abstract and all that? Im not sure what is best for research papers. Thanks.

• MS
    Favorite Answer

If she does not provide guidance on this, then she may not care about those details.  I would go back and make certain that's the case. 

However, physics has its own style for citations/references - AIP (American Institute of Physics).  This is the format most often used for physics papers.  Otherwise, APA is often used for scientific research.

• You'll never use MLA in college. It's almost always APA.

APA format is used in scientific writing.