Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw Enforcement & Police · 1 month ago

Do police have way too much power?

When looking at police brutality against all races and in general, police have too much power and immunity. A lot of it starts with police unions, police unions give police too much power, a lot of police officers get away with crimes because of the unions. If I was the mayor of Chicago I would use my executive powers to abolish the Chicago police union and hold police accountable when they abuse their power. I believe in public safety and crime is a major problem in Chicago and other big cities but crooked cops make it worse. There are a lot of innocent people that live in these big cities and police are profiling them and labeling them criminals. Police brutality is a problem against all races and they need to be taken down a few notches, they need to know their place.

• Foofa

You're right about the union control and this is why this is affecting blue cities more than red. Unions in general tend to support Dem candidates and those candidates when elected have to kowtow to the unions that got them elected. This is also why prison guards can do no wrong in California. Red city Mayors don't have this problem because they owe the union nothing (because it supported their opponent). 

seems like they do

There is a reason unions are not allowed to organize the U.S. Military.  We can't have unions second guessing and countermanding the chain of command.