Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 1 month ago

Can you become pregnant anytime of the month? ?

Can you become pregnant any time of the month? I hear some people saying you can expect when you’re on your period, i hear others saying you can’t? 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • J
    Lv 5
    3 weeks ago

Any time you have unprotected sex there’s a chance you could get pregnant. It’s unlikely to happen during your period, but still possible especially if you have an irregular cycle. You can get pregnant if you have sex around the time of ovulation. There’s about a 7 day window when you’re most fertile. Ovulation lasts about 2 days and sperm can survive in a woman’s body for up to 5 days. Most women ovulate about 14 days after the first day of your period. That means from about day 9 to day 16 you are most fertile. But that’s just an average. It’s not an exact science. I suggest you use protection every time if you don’t want kids. 

• 4 weeks ago

You are most likely to get PG about 5-15 days after your period.  

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Yes as long as you've had unprotected sex and you're ovulating.  I knew of a woman, who had her month period during her entire pregnancy, however, most don't.

• God
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ovulation can occur at any time though the middle of your cycle is the most likely time.  So in theory you can get pregnant at any time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Your chances of becoming pregnant during the bleeding phase of your menstrual cycle are almost ZERO.  You are most susceptible when you are OVULATING. That NORMALLY occurs about two weeks before bleeding begins. IF you are regular, and you have your periods roughly 4 to 4-1/2 weeks apart, then you can count backwards from the day your bleeding starts and that's when you're most likely to get pregnant. 

If your cycle is IRREGULAR, you have more of a problem. You can actually be ovulating more than once, or not at all, or at odd times during the month. Birth control pills can even out the schedule and make it easier to see when these times are, but if you have that irregular a period cycle, then you ought to see an OB/GYN for advice. 

• MissA
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

A woman has, in a given menstrual cycle, only about two days when she is very likely to become pregnant if she has sex and about five days where it's vaguely possible.

The difficulty comes from knowing exactly when those days are.  It's not as simple as looking at the calendar.

The lowest odds of pregnancy occur on the first day of your period. 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i think its possible

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You can only become pregnant during the time frame when ovulation is going to happen.

When ovulation happens - the egg releases and the egg lives for about 12 to 24 hours.  Ovulation USUALLY happens about 14 days BEFORE the next period.  When there is less than 10 days until the next period - it would USUALLY mean that pregnancy for that cycle has become UNLIKELY.  

Sperm can live for UP TO FIVE DAYS.

So - for the five days before ovulation and the day of ovulation - six days in total per cycle (DO NOT think of it as a "month" - think of it as a cycle - a cycle begins when a period starts and a cycle ends when the next period starts - for most women - that is "monthly" because the average woman has about a 28 day cycle ) - if sex happens during that time frame of the cycle - then pregnancy can happen.  It is referred to as the "fertility window".

Now - the REAL PROBLEM is that ovulation can be early or late during any cycle for any number of reasons that would be hard to predict.

This is why you should use protection ALL THE TIME if you want to avoid pregnancy.  When trying to avoid pregnancy - you should treat EVERY DAY as though pregnancy could happen because if ovulation was early or late for the cycle - then pregnancy could happen.

BUT - if you are actually trying to get pregnant - then you may want to track signs and symptoms for ovulation and pay attention to making sure that sex does happen during the time frame with the highest probability of success.  

• k w
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

anytime you are ovulating.....

• Rick
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

nope, I can't, 'cause I'm a guy ..............................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.