Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCredit · 4 weeks ago

College won't take hold off my account so I can't make a payment but dinged my FICO score.?

Anything I can do about a college that isn't allowing me to make payments yet they keep on lowering my FICO score and report me as delinquent even though I've tried to pay it off multiple times.

Favorite Answer

Contest it with each of the credit bureaus.  Show evidence of attempting to pay.

How exactly are you trying to pay it?

Who have you gone and seen in person about this?   School cashier's office?   Bank?

ETA:   Even if they aren't in the office, they are working from home.   There is someone you can speak to.

If you can't pay online for whatever reason, just send them a check for pete's sake. 

Or at least call them and ask HOW to pay them during the pandemic.

You seem to lack a lick of common sense or ability to solve a minor problem.

It makes no sense that they won't accept a payment. You are leaving something out.