Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

why do leftist think jesus christ is a white man?

when he was actually middle eastern

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Leftist brains are like tubes through which a constant stream of nonsense just flows. So first they tell us that JC was middle eastern, like we're supposed to go "OK! Then all middle eastern people are wonderful!" and then it's "JC is a symbol of white supremacy!". Whatever. They're idiots. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If such a man did actually exist there isn't anything left but disintegrated bones!

• 1 month ago

It's the RepubliCONS who say he's white 😂😂😂😂 we democrats are educated and know better 

• 1 month ago

I'm right wing, but I've never talked to a leftist about the Bible who thought He was white. I might have just talked to different people. I think most people know he was Israeli.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Matt
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Sorry to break it to you like this, but Jesus didn’t exist...

• 1 month ago

The last time I looked, the Middle East was populated mostly by Mediterraneans, a branch of the Caucasian group, hence, "white". What difference does it make? The important thing is whether or not you follow what are purported to be his teachings.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Actually, he was not Middle Eastern but Near Eastern. Near Easterners being Mediterranean people and phenotypically Mediterranean, they are generally designated as "white," "generally" because "white" is a vague and racist term and not a scientific term or even clearly defined term, different racists having different definitions of what "white" means when it regards their racist beliefs. 

By the way, anyone who believes Jesus wasn't "white" would be believing that Mediterraneans weren't, which would mean that Romans and Greeks weren't, either. I can envision racists having such absurd beliefs since racists are absurd, but just in case there are any who do count Romans and Greeks as "white," I just want to point out that inconsistency.

I don't have any issue with people embracing depictions of Jesus that look how they look, though, because they are artist renditions, not intended for historical accuracy but for religious inspiration brought about by identifying with a greater power by envisioning that greater power as being not unlike oneself but like oneself. 

• 1 month ago

All the white Jesus paintings I see are in conservative homes.  as a self declared leftist I doubt he ever existed other than in those story books.

• Jim2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The same reason conservatives think that. I am guessing far more conservatives than liberals think that. More conservatives are racist than liberals are.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Which means he was Asian or North African.

• 1 month ago

What makes you think that's a "leftist" point of view?  It's pretty much a western Christian point of view and includes people from many different political orientations.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.