Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

why do leftist think jesus christ is a white man?

when he was actually middle eastern

Favorite Answer

Leftist brains are like tubes through which a constant stream of nonsense just flows. So first they tell us that JC was middle eastern, like we're supposed to go "OK! Then all middle eastern people are wonderful!" and then it's "JC is a symbol of white supremacy!". Whatever. They're idiots. 

If such a man did actually exist there isn't anything left but disintegrated bones!

It's the RepubliCONS who say he's white 😂😂😂😂 we democrats are educated and know better 

I'm right wing, but I've never talked to a leftist about the Bible who thought He was white. I might have just talked to different people. I think most people know he was Israeli.

• Matt

Sorry to break it to you like this, but Jesus didn’t exist...

The last time I looked, the Middle East was populated mostly by Mediterraneans, a branch of the Caucasian group, hence, "white". What difference does it make? The important thing is whether or not you follow what are purported to be his teachings.

Actually, he was not Middle Eastern but Near Eastern. Near Easterners being Mediterranean people and phenotypically Mediterranean, they are generally designated as "white," "generally" because "white" is a vague and racist term and not a scientific term or even clearly defined term, different racists having different definitions of what "white" means when it regards their racist beliefs. 

By the way, anyone who believes Jesus wasn't "white" would be believing that Mediterraneans weren't, which would mean that Romans and Greeks weren't, either. I can envision racists having such absurd beliefs since racists are absurd, but just in case there are any who do count Romans and Greeks as "white," I just want to point out that inconsistency.

I don't have any issue with people embracing depictions of Jesus that look how they look, though, because they are artist renditions, not intended for historical accuracy but for religious inspiration brought about by identifying with a greater power by envisioning that greater power as being not unlike oneself but like oneself. 

All the white Jesus paintings I see are in conservative homes.  as a self declared leftist I doubt he ever existed other than in those story books.

• Jim2

The same reason conservatives think that. I am guessing far more conservatives than liberals think that. More conservatives are racist than liberals are.

Which means he was Asian or North African.

What makes you think that's a "leftist" point of view?  It's pretty much a western Christian point of view and includes people from many different political orientations.