Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

superhero names?

I’m writing a book and looking for suggestions for three heroes. The first is a teenager who can destroy objects through contact. The second is a woman who can make force fields and the last is a government agent who can manipulate light. Any names for any of these characters  are appreciated. Thank you

edit: since most of you might be misunderstanding what I mean, I’m not looking for the real names of the characters since those were already decided. I’m looking for their “hero” names, as in their alias. Names related to their powers, or mythology, just stuff like that. 

I personally try to veer away from using “man” or “woman” in superhero names. The first one could be called something that undersells his power while still being catchy like “firefly” if his power is what I am imagining (the things he touches glowing with heat and exploding) the girl who can make force fields could be the blue mage or white mage etc depending on color of her force fields, sort of a homage to scarlet witch. The government agent could be really cool like with a simple but bad *** code name such as “beacon” or something else that’s a word that isn’t used much but also grabs attention (example like tether or spire or words that put images in your head) hope this helped. Good luck on your book

• Prince

Boo Bailey can destroy things on contact, Yellin' Mite sets up force fields and Craig Austin manipulates light. 

1 Ka-otic (Chaotic)

2 Static

3 Majestic

• denise

Boy-Breaker,   Lyn-Forcer,   The-Switch?.

Since no one will ever read your book, no one cares what you name them. 

• Marli

They are your characters, so you should have the fun (?) of naming them.

Elaine M. gave the best answer if you want the "Clark Kent" name for your character.The "Superman" name is harder.  It has to be short - easy to understand and say. It has to be appropriate to the hero. Superman is "Super-man" because he is a man with enhanced strength, stamina, hearing and vision beyond those of average men. Batman is "Bat-man" because he is a man who chose to resemble a bat.I might call your second character  "Repella" because force fields repel energy.  I might call your third character  "Light Bender" or "Light Shaper" because he manipulates light. It is easy to understand and say, but you might think it is too obvious. He might be "Bolt" or "Zig-Zag" because he wears the image of a lightning 🌩  bolt 🔩 on his chest, but you might think that's cheesy."Sol" or "Phoebus" were names given to our light source, the 🌞.  Maybe the " names for baby" websites have names that mean "light", "star", "sun" or "energy".

• Klutzboy   (the force field girls is old)

Superheroes, eh? Right. What about:

(1) Touchy Boy. Or Touchy Girl, if he's a girl. Yes. Everything they touch gets destroyed, as you said. As does anything - or anybody! - who "touches" them. Just a little something extra for you, there.

(2) Field Woman. She can be one with "The Field". Not with "The Force", of course, because that's been done. So just leave it, OK?

(3) Ray Oflight. A bit of word-play, there, on the Madonna song. In fact, the song could be his/her song, if you see what I mean.

Thank you.

Google the words 'list of baby names'. There's no need to reinvent the wheel. 

Trump. The guy who destroys everything he touches. 

McEnany. The woman who has a force field around her and as a result, she suffers from brain damage due to lack of oxygen. 

Dolezal.  The guy who can manipulate light to change colors.