Anonymous

Why am I afraid of and very grossed out by nudity?

I'm a 17 year old male and my entire life I have been terrified of nudity, whether it be a male or female. If I accidentally stumble across a nude image online, I become extremely uncomfortable and grossed out in the same way something like gore would make me uncomfortable. I cannot bring myself to look at naked images of people without feeling very uneasy and sick. Supposedly most people are attracted to nudity and I can't understand why it makes me so uncomfortable. I cannot even bear the thought of having sex let alone see pictures and videos of people doing it online. I worry that this could impact future relationships that I have as I will never be interested in having sex with anyone. Am I the only one like this?

It's not the most incomprehensible thing. A lot of bad stuff goes along with human nudity.

• You are 17, and some teenagers feel like this and grow out of it. Other teenagers don't, and they come to accept themselves as asexual. I suspect you had a traumatic experience involving nudity and you will feel this way until you have some counseling. During times of void, it will be hard to get counseling. I suggest you look for a support group for asexual people who can help you realize why you feel this way.