Is a VA pension easy to get if I'm 65, unemployed, served over 2 years active duty during wartime but don't have medical problems?

Update:

I got an honorable discharge.

Update 2:

A Va pension is NOT the same thing as military retirement.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

best answer is right here this one

• 1 month ago

One will not get a VA pension unless they have some kind of disability they received while serving in the military.   You can get medical care at a VA hospital if you do not make over a certain amount of income.  My Dad got a small pension from WWII but had to be re-evaluated occasionally. 

• 1 month ago

Just another "taker" looking for a welfare handout!

• Jon
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's a supplement paid from the Pension fund for vets with incomes below the official  VA Poverty Line. Also must have little or no assets.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you are asking about this program: https://www.va.gov/pension/eligibility/

the website explains the eligibility (Google is an amazing thing).  You would need to meet the net worth requirement.

If you mean VA disability pay, then no, it isn't easy.

Since you don't have any medical problems, you can't claim anything as a service connected disability.  Even if you did think up some problem, you would be hard pressed to convince the VA that it was service connected.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You are off by an order of magnitude. You need 20 years military service for a pension, not 2.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.