Drew asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Why does the fox keep coming in my garden?

Every time he comes I feel bad for him and put out a bowl of pedigree chum. He keeps coming back. Its costing me a fortune.

Favorite Answer

He is coming for the food you keep putting out for him.  He may start bringing a friend to two with him/her.

I understand. I would feed it too. But it is very dangerous. Imagine that one day they breed near your home.

Stop the feedinings. A Fox is a wild animal and should not depend on human interaction at all. You will find it hanging around, maybe it could get to comfortable and attack you, a family dog or cat, eat puppies and kittens and more. I see people leaving food outdoors for their cats and dogs also and this is the worst thing, this is how the local animal control is called out to capture and relocate or destroy the Fox.

I feed the fox every night but they don't need a whole tin of food anyway.  If you want to feed it then buy the cheap supermarket tins and only give about a third.  You do not want the fox losing their natural hunting skills. 

Because you are stupid enough to go on feeding it obviously. We shoot them on sight where I come from.......Ever seen them kill a new born lamb...... I have though it pays with its life.... The fox I mean. And I don't miss either. 

Source(s): Just an Ole shepherd his dogs and flock
  • Jojo

More fool  you!!!! 🙄🙄🙄🙄. (as if you didn`t know) 

Troll. Dog food does not cost you a fortune. 20 dollars gets you a huge bag. Only 1 small animal, that can last you months. Would it eat cat food? Dont forget water. 

I had a stray pet skunk once.

All these heartless liberal idiots saying "stop feeding it". If you do that it will starve. It trusts you now. 

No different from any of your "cute" questions regarding the fox.  I think you can figure this out by yourself if you put your mind to it.

Boring and thanks for the points.

I don't know WHY he originally came into your garden but I know why he keeps returning.  He's returning because you keep feeding him. Stop feeding him so that he can be the animal that he is, meaning a wild animal in which his nature/instincts is to hunt his own prey/food for himself.  Save your money and stop feeding him.  He's NOT a pet dog.  Don't feel bad for him.  He knows how to do his job.

• If you feed it, it will keep coming back.  Stop feeding it and it will eat the slugs and snails.