Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

Does his comment indicate he's not interested in me romantically?

this is a guy i hooked up with and we planned to see each other etc. We talked everyday for 2 months.

He was talking about how horrible 2020 was because of the pandemic and everything else, etc. So I said 'This year wasn't all that bad because I got to meet you' and then he said 'Uh oh, Don't make me defend 2020'  and then he wrote 'I guess every cloud has a silver lining'. I went for a walk and 1-2hrs after he wrote that then he wrote 'I'm glad you're a part of my life and worth 2020' 

But his comment, did not feel genuine, it felt forced. He's giving mixed signals. 

I wrote good morning and he did not reply for hours at all today.

I had been the one in initiating most conversations, and he doesnt text that much. I put more effort in our 'relationship', if you can even call it that. I feel like he's seeing others possibly. But it hurts when I'm left on a limbo and he does not answer for a long time.

• Foofa

The fact that he's communicating with you at all during this time when there's no way you can service him sexually tends to indicate that he does like you. 

i dont think so

You are reading WAY too much into this.  Basically, guys are simple!  (I'm a guy, so, I should know.)  We don't have the depths that women do.  My reading of his answers are that he really likes you.  Seriously in fact.  I NEVER text anyone, just to let you know that it happens.  It's no  big deal; some people just don't, or, don't do it often.  Relax!

Your phrase "hooked up" suggests you have already jumped in bed with him.  You may have had a whirlwind romance, for two months.  Don't expect him to continue to be romantically interested if he's worried about keeping his job, or has lost his job, or has lost friends who have gotten covid.  His attention will not be focused on you, but rather on survival and what the future holds for him.  A lot of people don't like to frequently text, or be texted.  They have other things they need to be doing in their daily lives.  If you are truly romantically interested in this guy, then make your contacts be in person.  It sounds to me like he is just distracted and too busy to text you back every day.