Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 4 weeks ago

White males: If you claim to know so much about suffering and racism, have you ever worked in the fields and been owned by a black person?

Or are you just complaining because teenagers on twitter think it's cool to hate white men now?

Have YOU ever worked in the fields and been owned by a white person?  Betcha you haven't.  None of us were there.  Stop beating a dead horse.  Get over it.

No...And neither have you. Why are you so racist??

You may want to study up more, the days of "ownership" did not last very long in the 1700's .  There came a point when black being shipped with their families had contracts whereby they worked for 7 years , then they were released to go wherever they wanted.  Problem was, most stayed on the Plantations because they were uneducated, penniless and didn't know where to go. 

I guess you're right though.  Things would be a lot different had our fore-fathers just left them in Africa and Europe to dwell and worked the White people instead.  

• adam

I dont care . I never owned a slave and neither did anyone in my family. NOBODY alive today was a slave or even knew anyome who was . That was OVER 200  years ago now. I for one dont care. Get of affirmative action. Get rid of free phones. Get rid of food stamps and welfare unless they participate in work or school programs. BLM? Screw them. Stop selling drugs ancting lime thugs . Oh yea Im well armed and will use deadly force on any of them if need be

Of course you knew the answer to this factious question before you asked it, didn't you? That said I have worked in the fields (3yrs) as a teen from 15 to 17 in Hawaii picking pineapples & the company was owned by Hawaiians which was cool nevertheless. They treated us pretty good but it was not fun in the sun. I'm not condoning slavery because I don't think it was cool at all. But seriously we are all slaves at one point or another. Slaves to our jobs for one. Slaves to our parents till we become of age & move out, slaves to society's laws & regulations,  in some cases slaves to the word of god, slaves to our cars & last but not least SLAVES to the all mighty dollar. So sir, be happy & make the best with what you have because your life will be gone before you know it. 

Source(s): Life's experience's for an 85year old man.
  • Paul

How many living people of any color have ever worked in the fields and been owned by anybody?

In the US TODAY there is no one alive who has ever worked under slavery.  There are few in modern society in America whose family has lived or worked on farms.fields that are under 70.

• Foofa

White girl here. Spent a summer working in the fields of a Moshav in Israel as a kid. One wonders if you've ever actually tilled the soil and harvested crops...or if it's just fun to be a racist. Unless you're 150 years old or were born in Africa and captured by Libyans you've never been owned by anyone either. 

No, how about you? ...............

I've worked in fields before. Have you?

I've never been a slave. Have you?