Ender772 asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 months ago

Is Bubba Wallace a hoax or not?

I didn't think it was but i have facebook friends saying it was..and Google only has 2 links..1 to trump saying hoax and one to Bubba Wallace saying not a hoax

Update:

Half the answers say its real and for some odd reason half the answers are calling him a criminal...which i just dont understand...a criminal?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Misunderstanding more than a hoax. 

Just to remind us of what happened, a little while ago it was reported that a noose had been found in the garage stall of Bubba Wallace, the sport's lone black driver.  It generated a big show of support, including a remarkable scene where all the drivers and pit crews helped push Wallace's car to the starting line.  NASCAR and the FBI investigated and determined that this was not a hate crime directed at Wallace.  The "noose" had been in that garage stall since at least the fall of 2019, long before it had been assigned to Wallace.  Testimony, as well as it's placement in the stall, seem to show that it had been intended as a door pull to help close the stall door. 

So the story turned out not to be, as far as we can tell, a hate crime.  But it's not really a hoax either.  A hoax implies some sort of intentional effort at deception.  Some people on the right have been comparing this to the actor Jussee Smollett, who apparently had some acquaintances stage a fake racial attack on him in order to drum up some publicity.   That is a hoax.  But what happened with Bubba Wallace wasn't a hoax.  As far as we know, no one intentionally went out to deceive someone.  And certainly Bubba Wallace didn't.  Some people on the right are attacking Wallace personally.  But he wasn't the one who found the "noose" or reported it to NASCAR.  According to reporting he never even saw it.  Someone else saw it and reported it.  And when we look at photos of it, it's easy to see why it would cause alarm.  While it appears that the "noose" in question was not technically a hangman's noose, it was damn close.  And the circumstances made this seem suspicious and threatening.  This was found in the stall of the sport's lone black driver.  It was found at a track in Alabama, a state notorious for its racism.  And it was found at the very first race NASCAR was holding after they decided to ban displays of the Confederate flag, a position which Wallace had pushed them to take.  I think that anyone seeing that piece of rope in those circumstances would have reasonably assumed the worst.  The fact that it turned out not to be true doesn't mean that the assumptions were unreasonable, and certainly doesn't mean it was a hoax.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Look, the noose was there.  Members of Bubba's team saw it and reported it, not him.  NASCAR then investigated, which is what they should have done.  They concluded that it had been there a while and was supposedly a garage door pull.  However, I have never seen a garage door pull that looked like that.

No one knows who put it there or why.  Bubba and NASCAR did everything right, and it was wonderful how all the other drivers supported him.

• Robert
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Well it was a rope attached to a garage door which was tied into a noose.  It was there before Bubba was assigned that garage so it was not directed at him.  The people who reported it had no way to know that at the time it was reported.  It probably was a poorly thought out way to make it easier to lower the garage door and not much else.  Bubba did nothing wrong with his crew reporting it.  Who ever tied it for whatever reason they did had done so long before Bubba was assigned  the garage.  It was not a hoax but it was not a crime or intimidation directed at Bubba.  Therefore Bubba has nothing to apologize for.  Like everything else in 2020, this is blown about 30 times more out of proportion than it had to be.  

• Greg
    Lv 4
    3 months ago

The real question is, "Why is Trump such an idiot?"

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Hoax in what sense exactly? I don't trust tRump anymore than a baby can throw him.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Bubba Smollet, another race baiting loser.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

That POS black criminal.

• 3 months ago

His driving skills are 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.