Anonymous

Is "white privilege" a meme or do people actually believe in it?

Lol I love watching videos of people reacting angrily to "white privilege." I have always assumed no sane person really believes in it but use such absurdity to troll which I find very entertaining. See how far one can push absurdity without being called out for it.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

A child can be taught that the sky is green and the oceans are made of Kool-Aid. Decades of educational instruction have indeed convinced a generation or two that this is legitimate theory. 

• I am White and I am privileged.  I see evidence of it all the time. Sometimes it is simple and subtle, other times blatant and absurd. I do my best to use my White privilege to extend my White privilege to those who are non-White. Sometimes I shove my foot in the door and let them in, other times it is recounted the voices who are not allowed tobe heard.

• 1 month ago

theres black  privilege no white privilege though. black people automatically off the bat get special treatment for being different

• 1 month ago

The fruits of your ancestors accomplishments and sacrifices is a privilege, but since all races benefit from it, the privilege myth is largely debunked. There are many privileges that a white does not have. S it's definitely a meme, but that won't stop vindictive people using it as a crutch to blame their failures on white people.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

I think if you are smart, beautiful and well mannered, you will have privileges in life, and the European races are known for their physical beauty and manners, so perhaps a lot of it maybe stems from envy? I do not understand all the obsession in the media with white people all of a sudden. There are good and bad people in every race. I'm not white.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It' s not a meme, but it's subtle. Like getting a lesser punishment for the same crime, getting the benefit of the doubt, not being asked for your papers, being beaten less hard, getting that job-interview

• 1 month ago

It's very obvious White privilege exists.

• 1 month ago

Unfortunately, people do actually believe it.  These people seem to think that just because there are rich white people today, that every white person is a racist.  It is true that white privilege did exist before the Civil Rights Act of 1964, however after that Americans have tried their best to make every law equal to all Americans no matter what race or gender that they are.  There is no such thing as white privilege anymore, nobody is born privileged.  I know plenty of white folks who were abused as children and grew up in crummy homes.  In my opinion it has nothing to do with privilege and more to do with hard work and sacrifices.  I am not saying that minorities are not hard working, that is not true at all, however it is white liberals from the far left who make them think that they are in need of assistance and that they should not have to work hard.  It is so sad that so many minorities are falling for that!  If anything because of everything that has happened in the past, Americans are doing their very best to protect minorities and preventing America from becoming a racist country again.  Americans are trying their very best to get more minorities in EVERYTHING, yes it is good to have diversity however you do not need to lower the qualifications of something just because a minority wants to join, if anything it is racist because you are assuming that the minority person cannot fulfill the task all of the way.  I think every American should be treated the same, yes there are racist people but that will never change and assuming that you cannot be racist against a white person makes you part of the problem!  People are stupid and this whole race war needs to stop now! 

• RockIt
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

White privilege and Systemic Racism are very cynical political lies designed for divisive political purposes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

just another made-up term .................................

TRUMP 2020 !! ><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.