If i no longer show up to work is that fired or quitting?

after losing my job and getting unemployment due to covid19 i eventually tried to look for work . i found a job at checkers i was going to work part time until i found a real job. now this job originally i was offered a certain set schedule 11am-3pm everyday with 2 days off so i make under what unemployment requires . under 275 a week . 

now with that being said i got a letter from unemployment and after calling to see the problem they said that she put me as quitting when i never said that i quit . i was fired for not coming to work on the days i couldnt work . and she also put me as fulltime which is false . the position was part time. nobody in this fast food job is hired fulltime. even in my application it said part time. 

i tried speaking with her but she told me she didnt want to lie . but this means i cant support my disable and autistic brother just because she wants to say that i quit . 

does anyone know what i should do . because if i never said i quit then it would be considered being fired right? please someone help me im literally going to lose everything 

1. If you're brother is really austic and disabled (no I believe you), then he should definately qualify for diability. I think you just have to prove it with a doctor's okay (doctor's note)!

2. Can you apply for Welfare assistance for now? You might well do that! Don't give up and explain your situation! I am on food stamps right now ( I didn't qualify for General Aid but it's good enough! Any help will do!).

3. How were you able to get a hold of EDD so fast?! Back when I was trying to get unemployement, it was so frustrating because they hardly ever answered their phone!.. I was fired/terminated in my last job at Walmart because I had earned 5.5 occurence points. After 5 points, you're likely to be let go!... You get a .50 if you are late 10 or more minutes. You also get .50 if you are EARLY ten or more minutes! You get 1 point for leaving work early too!... It's crazy. They were so strict for a mere cashiering job!... I only lasted 7 months there! A lot of people want to work at Walmart I guess because they are THAT desperate for work! ..This was in CA by the way so maybe it's different in your state!

It's job abandonment and a firing offense. 

• Eva

No show, no call when you are scheduled to work = quitting.

• Judy

Doesn't matter, quit or fired for cause, you get no unemployment.  But it's considered quitting.

Yes, it is best to quit or give notice. 

Why can professionals discriminate against people. If we have coalitions and doctor's allience, what about people who are discriminated against? Where is our coalitions and unions to protect us patients with disabled parents, who deserve college, and deserve healthcare.

• n2mama

Ok. If you are considered to have quit the job, you do not qualify for unemployment. If you are fired for cause, the vast majority of the time you do not qualify for unemployment. You qualify when you lose your job through no fault of your own. Scheduling issues do not qualify as no fault of your own, attendance issues do not qualify as no fault of your own. 

In your case it does not matter if she says you quit or you were terminated due to job abandonment, either way, you will not qualify for unemployment. You don’t have to walk up to someone and say “I quit” or give someone a letter that says “I quit” to be viewed as having quit your job. Failing to come to work is viewed as quitting through job abandonment. An employer is not obligated to meet your desired schedule for hours, and if they schedule you outside that, your choices are to work, resign (quit) or let them fire you for attendance. Any way you slice it, you would be disqualified for unemployment.

You are the one who didn't show up. So you quit.

• If you were scheduled to work, when you're saying you couldn't work then just deciding not to go with out calling anyone, you're going to get fired for not showing up. You may never have said you quit, but you're quitting if you decide not to show up (regularly or for more then a few days) with out informing your boss. This is called no showing and it's a fireable offence. 

If you can't work then you should try to find some one that can take your shift, or let your boss know that you can't work so they can get some one else to fill in for you. That's policy for most work places. When you no show that leaves a business short staffed, they have to work harder because you're not there. 

You call it what you want. Show up for work when you're supposed to, if you can't make it call your boss and tell them. As for unemployment benefits, you would have to call your office and sort things out with them.

You love to argue, don't you!  Quit - Fired - It makes NO difference.  Either way, you are NOT entitled to unemployment benefits.  Why should taxpayers pay for "your" responsibility?  You took on your brother.  You figure out how to support him.  Well, I'll tell you how.  SHOW UP to work when you are supposed to.  That's how to support him and you.  You were justifiably fired and, thus, NOT entitled to unemployment benefits.  Full time, part-time - irrelevant because regardless, you do not qualify. 

It's considered "job abandonment",  Fired is when they tell you to leave and not come to work any more.  If you just stop going to work, without anyone telling you that you are fired or can't come to work again, then that's ...,

Never mind, it doesn't matter because you don't qualify for unemployment either way.