Lv 6
asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

How would the jury for Derek Chauvin be chosen?

This is probably the highest profile case ever, I just wanted to know, how exactly would they choose the jury? Everyone knows who he is and has seen the video tape. What exactly would they be looking for in a jury?

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Not sure, but one thing I can just about guarantee is that their won't be a single White Person in the "Random" Jury Pool selection.

They will want people who "say"  they have an open mind, of course people wearing BLM shirts will be given priority.  

I am not saying he is innocent.  But this is about as much of an example of a Kangaroo Court as the US has seen in Decades, perhaps in it's history.  

It was mentioned he will take a plea.  To take a plea, you have to be offered one.  This is such a "hot" issue that no prosecutor is going to even offer him one.  Others may get plea deals to testify against him, but he is going to trial and unlike other high profile "race" trials there won't be clueless attorneys working for the prosecution.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There might have to be a change of venue -- the trial moved out of Minneapolis.

They'd be looking for people who had no special police or other law enforcement connection, for one thing.  That would be first and foremost on the prosecution's list.

And no, this is definitely NOT the "highest profile case ever". There have been many, many far higher-profile cases.  This one probably won't even last very long, assuming it even gets into a courtroom. It's very possible that Chauvin will take a plea.

• 1 month ago

Yup, that's gonna be a b-tch. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.