Does wearing a mask cause CO2 poisoning?

I know there's a pandemic going on, And I was wondering that if school is coming back and I had to wear a mask. Will CO2 poisoning kill me first before COVID? Because five days a week I have to wear a homemade mask which give me headaches after several minutes. If the homemade mask caused me CO2 poisoning what brand should I rely on so I could breathe Oxygen like I'm not wearing a mask.

Favorite Answer

No.  Fabric masks and surgical masks do not seal completely around the face and do not cause CO2 poisoning.  If you are getting headaches from your fabric masks, try washing them in a completely unscented detergent.

No.  

A homemade mask can't do that. 

Respirators like the ones I use (North 7700) 

do temporarily trap a certain porton of the exhaled air, 

but they don't cause or allow a buildup of carbon dioxide. 

I believe your problem is entirely psychological. 

Of course not, the masks are not gas inpermeable at all, gases including CO2 and O2 freely diffuse through.  Air is only 21% oxygen and you don’t even use all of that, you exhale quite a bit. You do not have CO2 poisoning

Homemade masks or any type of mask for the matter, don't cause CO2 poisoning. 

Face masks have been in use for more than 100 years, they aren't a new thing, when medical professionals started to use them they were made of cloth too.

It is normal to struggle a bit to get used to wear a mask but it doesn't cause CO2 poisoning, it doesn't do any harm. Doctors and nurses use it for HOURS, if it caused harm we would be the first ones in avoiding them.

Use your critical thinking, people.

No, don't be dumb. Hospital personnel wear them all day long and they're not dropping dead.