How big of a board would I need?

Ok so I know the question isn't very specific. Sorry.

So I want a cork board to have pictures of all my favorite anime and book characters, like the weeb (otaku) and nerd I am.

I have 18 different characters I want to put on it, meaning I have 18 pictures I need to print/draw on your average sized printing paper. If it comes down to it, I WILL trim the paper if necessary.

Anyways, I'm absolute *ss at math, and was wondering how big of a cork board I'd need to have 18 pieces of paper (average sized printing paper or smaller) and a bit space between each one. 

Any math whizzes able to tell me?

So, yes, not all pictures will be the same size. I'm just saying, they're all likely gonna be around the same size of your average printer paper. I'm just saying that to make figuring this out easier.

And, no, I don't know how big my wall is. That will depend. It depends on the size of the cork board needed for me to decide what wall to put it on.

The answer is 42. 

The real question is, how big is your wall? You have to add the total width of each picture (which are not all the same is what you're telling us?) plus the border spacing on the edges of each picture. Then the same process for the total height. That's not including the frame of the board. 

How about this:  they make cork panels with sticky tape on the back, so you get enough panels to do what YOU want, knowing that you can add it it later and make it bigger ???