Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 1 month ago

Can I set up an airgun shooting range in my basement?

I bought a Gamo 6110017154 Varmint Air Rifle .177 Cal

• C_F_45
    Favorite Answer

Home - air rifle range?

Search

Pyramydair.com home is the range part 1Tom Gaylord - good article on the subject

Yes.  I would suggest a quarter inch steel backstop at a 45 degree angle so the BBs and pellets are deflected down into a sand trap on the floor.  

I would shoot a pellet rifle in my backyard. Granted I have a trap for that.

Heck yes.

Lots of sporting shops sell small 'bullet traps' designed for up to 22 rimfire.  You want this, but, not just a bullet trap.  The trap is great to catch most of your shots, however, you will have some that miss.  To keep those few misses from damaging the wall - you will want to have a section of carpet hanging to catch it, or, held up by a big box.  You don't use a piece of carpet as your trap because it will soon wear out in the X area from so many hits.  

Try to spend as much time standing and shooting off hand.  This is the most difficult and worst position (and not much fun) but will be time well spent.  You spend all your time punching X's in your favorite position and then barely on paper when standing.  Better to miss a few X's and get 10's on your favorite positions and get 9's and 10's while standing!

Isn't this something you should ask mommy and daddy for permission to do? 

I thought everyone had an airgun shooting range in their basement.  I recommend using a pellet trap.

if you pad the windows