Anonymous

Why are so many people making a big deal about wearing a mask ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Favorite Answer

To prevent people from dying from a horrible disease, so for the same reason people make a big deal about wearing a condom. Masks are to COVID-19 as condoms are to HIV/AIDS. Each is worn prophylactically to keep others from getting a disease as well as reduce one's own chances of getting it.

• Alan H
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Largely because, in enclosed spaces, doing so saves 1000s of lives

• Boy
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

to prevent the spread  of covid 19. kinda like the procedures you would take to work on a electrical wire even if you are certain it wouldn't shock you.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

I'll tell you why I don't wear a mask and why I never intend to do so. 

I have emphysema, and some days I have difficulty breathing. On those days, I often have to breathe through my mouth in order to take a deep breathe. I simply can not breathe if a mask is covering my nose and mouth. 

My doctor has told me that, because of my breathing problem, to never attempt to wear a mask. I have a statement signed by my doctor that says wearing a mask would be detrimental to my health and well-being (in case someone sees me not wearing a mask and get snippy about it). Actually, I'm not legally required to ever show that statement to anybody.

Anyway, the cloth or paper masks people are wearing will not prevent the acquisition or the spread of a contagious illness. How could it?  Corona virus is not an airborne illness that a mask might prevent. It's not "in the air" - it's spread by direct physical contact with an infected person.  If you wear a mask, all you're doing is giving yourself a false sense of security. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Gotta be trolling. The only other excuses for asking this would be you just woke up from a coma or you've got the IQ of a raisin.

• Tepee
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Just a group of pity seekers.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

In my state, the mask mandate is enforced by state and local police with a fine of $100 for the first offense.

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Lives can depend on it. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.