Do you get phone calls from scammers pretending to be someone they aren't?

Favorite Answer

I get them every day and they drive me insane.It's easy to see a scam call because the number appears on my keypad as a spoofed number so I immediately know it's a scammer trying his luck.I pick up the phone and answer it as police,and suddenly the phone goes dead.The other thing I now have is a horn attached to my phone so that when they call I place the receiver inside the horn and set it off....I would love to see the reaction on the scammer's face....it must be quite a shock !!!

freaking always ....

I did until I bought a white-lister for my phone.   I have only a few people I want to hear from so I entered their numbers to the list and now only calls from those numbers will ring my phone.  The other calls go right to voice mail so I can run an eye down the VM list and pick which messages I'd like to return.  The rest of the calls I dump.  Kind of extreme but it works for me and no more junk calls.

Someone pretended that they were the cops called and I replied, "Oh so you are those Cops I saw on TV! YOU WERE SO GOOD AT ACTING BTW! Your act on TV WAS Legendary!! Are you google? Because you are all I was looking for! Or are you wifi? Because I am so attracted to you!" Trick: Being weird makes the person hang up the phone

I seldom answer the 'phone.  It's why I have an answering machine.  Leave a message: maybe I'll call back.  That seems to considerably cut down on nonsense such as you describe.

used to get lots of indians  saying my computer has a virus etc etc .....

but rarely now days as they know  we are on to them haha 

i say im gonna ring the cops 

• Scott

We disabled our landline several years ago. So we don’t get those kinds of calls.