Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelUnited StatesOther - United States · 1 month ago

Is it really that stupid to travel from Florida to New York right now even if I do my best keeping myself safe? Im staying therefor a while.?

Yes, it is. You would have to quarantine for 14 days on arrival.

• Foofa

You may find yourself quarantined for 14 days. But just in terms of viral numbers NY is a safer place to be in this moment than FL. 

If you can self-quarantine, go ahead. Florida currently has a very high rate of COVID, while New York has brought the virus under control. They don't want you going there from Florida. It's not about you keeping yourself safe- it's about keeping the people of N.Y. safe from you. 

• MS

You have to quarantine for 14 days when you arrive in NY from FL.  You can't go out shopping, you can't go out to eat, you can't go to the movies, etc.  You have to stay put for 2 weeks before you can do anything. 

Yes, it is that stupid. NY state currently requires people coming from Florida to self quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in NY state.