If White privilege is such a thing, why do children of mixed heritage always self-identify as their non-white side?

Like everyone else has pretty much said is that because mixed race people look more "Exotic" or like there other Ethnicity 9/10 they don't look White "Pale and Bland" so therefore especially among a lot of you racist Whites anyways yall wouldn't let them in on there half White privilege.

I'm mixed with half black and half white and I do not claim either race. Both races of people have good and bad people in their groups; but I am genetically something different, a combination of DNA traits and just call myself mixed, nothing more. I think a lot of biracial people are primed into a single racial identity and then guilted into identifying as black (i.e. "you are ashamed", "white people hate you just like they do us", etc.), and there's sufficient research out there that shows priming is done at an early age, despite that better outcomes in life exist for mixed people who can relate to both/all sides and who do not cling to a mono-racial identity. I identify as both, but if I were to become famous for something, most black people would claim it as a score point for them. I think Mulatto people in America should have their own category and be recognized separately for their contributions to America, mainly because our experiences are neither black or white. Example - I connected to a biracial man over the Internet who was raised in the "hood" as black, and I was raised mostly in a white suburb, but we relate to each other in so many ways, the same kind of identity issues in a world that is always either one or the other. Neither of us have the kind of grudges or extreme hatred against a particular group as the mono-racial people have toward the other side. As an outsider observing, it's all kinda foolish and wastes time to dwell on so much, much of which is not even true but for a small handful of people.

• Zirp

non-sequitur

White racists will categorise you by your apparent skincolour. Depending on the genetic lottery, you can have 3 white grandparents or 7 white greatgrandparents and still be regarded as "non-white"

Cause whites are racist and wont accept them

• Lili

They usually do it because they pretty much have to. They don't look white.

No one's going to look at someone like Barack Obama and say, "There goes a white guy." In other words, because of the way they look, they have the experience of BEING non-white in this society and thus cannot enjoy white privilege. 

Even people whose racial identity is ambiguous can end up being badly treated when people find out that they are mixed.  I remember seeing a comments section on an article about Meghan Markle and the television show "Suits". More than one of the comments said something along the lines of "She's black?  Damn.  And here I thought she was hot."

In other words, she was hot when the commenters thought she was white. She ceased to be hot when they realized she was half-black.

>[<,>]<

Simply cuz WP is a myth & DOESN'Ť actuålly 

exist as Blacks get away calling each ôťhėr råciśt

name's & for what it's worth more heinôûś crime

too, yo !!

-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-`-

• Magui

You mean Americans, right? Maybe because of the "one drop rule" instituted in the US.

thats because white privilege is a lie. its an invention of insecure, paranoid blacks. its a tool of black supremacy to take over the world, and enslave all other races.

the children of mixed heritage know they can have black privilege. thats why they always self identify as non white.

First, the terminology that would apply to this question is more so that of being "bi-racial." The reason is because there is more clarity when a person is comprised of at least two racial categories. When a person has a mixed background, it becomes less clear in terms of where one would fit in terms of their identity. However, in most cases, society ends up dictating a person's identity even before the person forms it fully. That is because society operates at the level of perception rather than accurate terms. 

We have to also look at this through the viewpoint of the structure of the family. When a person who is bi-racial is raised in a family, their identity is usually formed based on which side of the family has the most influence. There may be cases by which individuals identify with what society imposes upon them, but generally, the family environment is what also has the influence to shape how a child identifies. For example, if a child finds that their Black side of the family is more accepting compared to their White side, then it is more than likely the child will identify with his/her Black side of the family. The same goes if the scenario were flipped. It all depends on the influence of the family, and it can also be based on how society views the individual. 

May be bcz many ppl look down upon non-whites and think that they are inferior. 

For example, if a mixed(white+non-white) person accomplished something great, ppl would assume that he could do it bcz of his white ancestry. So, it is like a revolt against stereotypes.

Historically, if a group at a place has been subject to persecution they may choose the persecuted side as their identity due to emotions and trauma.

Also,many ppl would choose to be hated than to be loved

...just my hunch