Have you ever changed your mind about something paranormal for example you didn't believe in ghosts but now do or vice versa?

What idea is it and what happened to alter your opinions?

Yes. I used to believe that people are too educated and rational to believe in the paranormal. Now I know I was wrong. 

Sure, only personal experience removes disbelief.  But, it is a cycle.  If you do experience something paranormal it is usually because you are very ill.  So when you become well again you have to master balancing so you don't offend someone that is ill.

i used to believe ghost adventures was genuine, until a few years ago. they're kinda as*holes now. 

As a genuine skeptic, it's unusual for me to be 100% sure one way or the other about things. I'm like Arthur C. Clarke, who rated his feelings on a 1 to 10 scale. 

The surest way to enrage a True Believer is to say, "You might be right."

My suspicions about alien abduction stories went way up when I found out that a sharp decline in reports has coincided with the proliferation of smart phones. However, I'm more interested in the idea of aliens since the Pentagon statement about the highly-publicized UFO videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCwDNGnu8oE

Youtube thumbnail

A chemist has announced that the videos show a bird, that is, a cigar-shaped bird the size of a school bus that defies the known laws of physics.

• Tom

Having encountered quite a "spectacular" instance of Phenomena we CALL a "Ghost", under conditions that would preclude, Hallucinations, Illusions, Fraud, etc.  when I was younger, I had been a firm believer in "Ghosts" for years.  As I became a Scientist, the concept continued to "Bother" me.  IF they WERE real, then HOW do they exist and what makes them function.  I Knew the phenomena I encountered was real, other people saw it too.---So Ghosts had to be real.---So this led me to do heavy research into aspects of Physics and reality to give me some clues.

My "Breakthrough" came when  I realized "wait a minute!" I observed some unusual phenomena, BUT what is the evidence that it is an ACTUAL "Spirit" or "Ghost"?.  There WAS none!  I, like every believer who was "convinced" by experience, simply ASSUMED such "unexplained" phenomena was "a real ghost".  Yes it was something people CALL "Ghosts", but what was it really?

As a Scientist with a wide data base of knowledge, I knew NONE of the traditional "Skeptic" explain-aways applied, I never had hallucinations, my mind had not been altered, I knew all the prosaic explanations, and they did not apply in my case---Besides, I Had at least TWO other people to back up what I experienced.  So I knew what I saw was REAL, but also realized there was NO PROOF AT ALL that it was an actual "Ghost"---But it was a sure bet that it was some real and natural phenomena people always TOOK for ghosts.

As I reviewed my Physics studies I realized that one thing could explain most cases of "ghosts" (if not all) I had reviewed in my years of report research. They could be explained as "Seeing a LIVING person IN another TIME"-----This would explain everything, even the clothing and inanimate "props" like walking sticks and eyeglasses, even better than the "Spirit" theory.  And I would not even have to invent another baseless entity, a "Spirit" to make the theory work---As it would already BE a LIVING person.

Refining my thoughts, we could assume some kind of "time overlap" to do this---It would be random and "intermittent" and confined to a small area, like a couple meters or so in diameter. ---Of course< However there was NO SCIENTIFIC evidence something like this could ever happen, BUT it was a LOT more viable than assuming "Spirits" a TOTAL "unknown".

Looking back into my Physics, I discovered at least ONE thing that could create this effect.  It was called an "Einstein-Rosen Bridge" (ERB).   Yes, it was THEORY, but a theory proposed by the greatest Physicists of our time.  A kind of "wormhole" or "overlap" between two distant Places or TIMES---It would be intermittent, and a small diameter, And a person on either side of it could at least see the other, if not travel through it, from one side to the other.  We would have a "window" of sorts between times---Explaining the clothing, etc. also. 

But where was the evidence for the ERB? RIGHT THERE!  what we CALL "ghosts"  That's what they might have really been all this time.---Open ends of ERBs---likely not noticeable, unless a PERSON might be standing in it Then we see "A GHOST!".

Of course not ALL "Ghosts' may be spontaneous ERBs, but it goes to show that there are all sorts of "Unknown" phenomena that is possible, as our knowledge of Science is not complete YET---we are BOUND to observe from time to time SOMETHING we cannot explain yet..----Just because we CALL something we can't explain a "Ghost" does NOT mean actual Ghosts exist

Just like letting go of an object and seeing it head for the floor, we learn lots of things without being taught. We put it together as babies that things we see, look smaller the further away they are. We are actually learning physics without realising it. As we get older, we notice changes. Not everything drops to the floor, a bird, for instance, a plane or helicopter. We have to make allowances for this in our way of thinking. 

Some of us have witnessed things that simply can't be, according to our grasp of physics but just like the bird or plane, we have to change how we think. I have had lots of experiences and rather than deny them, I have learned that this world is not as simple as it seems to be. We haven't investigated massive parts of our planet yet so to make assumptions as to what can and can't exist here is ridiculous. 

This is even more ridiculous when you think about it, as what is the decider with lots of people is their five senses, senses that can be beaten by a scabby old cat or next doors pet rat. Yet people claim, "I never saw it so it wasn't there?" Nessie was first spotted in 565 AD and still continues to be seen, but just like ghosts, it doesn't give an estimated time of arrival. Bearing that in mind, it's no wonder that we have so little info about it, but what we do have is a description. A description that suits a creature that we know for a fact existed, a plesiosaurus. You would think that would make it easier to believe but thanks to the five senses, it doesn't.

• 👻

No, even before my own experience, my mind never changed. I had a good feeling there’s more than we know out there. Channeling spirits is 100 percent a real thing, don’t mess with it just for kicks. 

I stuck to science. More informations and experiences let me change my view to this universe.

• Dr. NG

My mind started changing about when I found out Santa wasn't real. Like dominos, all things supernatural from religion to ghosts to psychics were debunked. while I don't walk up to strangers and confront them about the paranormal/supernatural, if asked as we are here, I enjoy voicing my opinion.