Anonymous

If black people can say Black Power, why can’t white people say White Power?

20 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

A certain percentage of Black people say “black power”. A certain percentage of white people say “white power”. Certain percentage of gay people probably say “gay power”. And so on.But I wouldn’t say the majority do. Because it sounds kind of ignorant and bombastic to do so.

• D1218
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

They can. Just not at the same time.

• 4 weeks ago

Good point!  I would encourage you to stand on a street corner in East Oakland, California and yell "White Power" at the top of your lungs.  But let me know before you do this; I want to be on hand to enjoy what happens next.

• 4 weeks ago

We can and do.

It's called being a Nazi. The way our heritage is treated currently will only make more Nazis. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Because the majority of whites will hold their fellow white power shouters accountable for racial supremacy, while blacks will not.

• 4 weeks ago

What do they mean when they say it?

There you go.

• 4 weeks ago

go say british power in Germany 

• Jen
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Because chanting a white supremacists' well-known slogan might not be the most appropriate response in this situation.

• 4 weeks ago

🥴 They can't say black power and be taken seriously as 13% of the country.

You can. As 76.5% of the country. 

So when a black person says black power it's NEVER taken seriously. When a white person says white power, we know you mean it and would harm ppl for it.

🤦‍♀️ Omg, your peeps are burning down churches and shooting up Walmarts to stress white power. 

Blacks are protesting and looting. 

Big difference.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Because of context

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.