Anonymous

If black people can say Black Power, why can’t white people say White Power?

A certain percentage of Black people say “black power”. A certain percentage of white people say “white power”. Certain percentage of gay people probably say “gay power”. And so on.But I wouldn’t say the majority do. Because it sounds kind of ignorant and bombastic to do so.

• D1218

They can. Just not at the same time.

Good point!  I would encourage you to stand on a street corner in East Oakland, California and yell "White Power" at the top of your lungs.  But let me know before you do this; I want to be on hand to enjoy what happens next.

We can and do.

It's called being a Nazi. The way our heritage is treated currently will only make more Nazis. 

Because the majority of whites will hold their fellow white power shouters accountable for racial supremacy, while blacks will not.

What do they mean when they say it?

There you go.

go say british power in Germany 

• Jen

Because chanting a white supremacists' well-known slogan might not be the most appropriate response in this situation.

🥴 They can't say black power and be taken seriously as 13% of the country.

You can. As 76.5% of the country. 

So when a black person says black power it's NEVER taken seriously. When a white person says white power, we know you mean it and would harm ppl for it.

🤦‍♀️ Omg, your peeps are burning down churches and shooting up Walmarts to stress white power. 

Blacks are protesting and looting. 

Big difference.

Because of context