Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Christians what are your views on rap music?

if ur gonns use bible verses, please explain ur own words

Favorite Answer

God loves all kinds of music. But there is something about music that is different than all other forms of communication.

Words are spiritual things. I could touch your body with my body, but the words of my mouth touch your very soul. And I can change you with them. 

Out of the mouth proceed life and death. What you choose to take into your body - by accepting or rejecting what you hear - affects the core of who you are.

Every word in music is carefully chosen and it creates an emotional response. The tribal beat works the listener into a frenzy. The question is what are you choosing to feed your soul? Is the music poison? Is it killing you without your knowledge? 

Or is there life in the words you chose to take in?

I cherish God's words more than my daily bread. It is His words that feed my eternal soul. Have you considered listening to Him?

Jesus called himself "teacher" and "Lord". Go to him and see what it is he wants to teach you. If he is the Lord he claims to be, he himself will reveal that fact to you. He doesn't need me to prove his deity to you, nor could I.

I think it should have a radio station dedicated to it. Out here in the West, radio stations begin with the letter K, so they can call it K-RAP for short.

I don't like it at all, and not because of my religion. I just don't like it.

Rap isn't music. It's crap.

Most of the time, it's words put to an admittedly decent beat, but the words aren't matching the beat, they're just being spat out and rhyming as fast/often as possible, and for some reason, humans find this impressive.

Remember when knowing how to play an axe was regarded as a skill, and melting peoples faces with actual music was the goal?

Rap has given us a few catchy tunes that actually qualify as tunes, but most of it seems to be garbage. It's kind of depressing that the black community shifted to this as their chosen form of music. Jazz was so much better, and took actual skill.

It's got those African beats that one should avoid if one wishes to remain saved. Those rhythms are of the devil. Be very careful about what music you allow. There are dangers everywhere, the devil never rests. 

• Adam

For me. When rappers are writing music early in their careers and getting paid nothing, they are awesome. Eminem's first 2 albums are 2 of the finest ever written. Kanye was amazing in his early days, through the wore is still on my playlist. When they start writing for a commercial audience, they get worse quickly. Eminem is nowhere near as good as he used to be, same for most rappers

Btw I'm a Christian and I love rap music. It's another art form for me

I enjoy hip hop from the 1990s, although I must say they sing about some discpicable things.

I cant stand new age hip hop though. Bunch of ferries running around in skinny Jean's with their hair died blonde

Not music at all. An insult to true music. 

It has nothing to do with being Christian.  As a style of music, most of "rap" isn't music, because of no chord changes, no melody, and just someone talking very monotone over a repetitive beat.  That's very boring, and it's virtually impossible to listen to, for me.