Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

How can I get a forced paternity test done?

My ex says that her daughter is mine and let me spend time with her on once. I try to spend time with her more often and I text and try to call my ex, but she doesn’t respond to my text messages or pick up when I call. I want to be there if that’s my daughter, but my ex isn’t making that easy, so how can I get a paternity test (apparently without her consent) done so that I can be sure and, hopefully, get visitation rights?

GO to family court and get a court order. ALSO you can demand it threw the DA if you are paying child support or told to pay child support. You can also file for VISITATION ordered by the court.

• Foofa

You get a court order. This happens all the time in custody/child support cases. 

Consult a family law attorney who can review your case and advise you of the best course of action.

You go to court and have paternity established.  

Sue for visitation and for a paternity test and if the test proves that it is not your kid, drop the visitation and run fast and far.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience.
  • Maxi

Apply to the court for court ordered visitation, where the court will order a DNA test at your cost, if the kid is your the court will set child support payments and regular visitation

I suggest you seek legal advice on this. You want access rights to the child and that might entail a paternity test. 

If she isn't making it easy. It's important that you still texting and calling, as she could use it to claim you are hassling her. Contact her once though to advice that you are going to claim visitation rights and leave it at that, then see a lawyer.

If she is being difficult about it, then the legal route is your only option.

You need to lawyer up.

a judge can order a paternity test. You will also be required to pay child support.