Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Do you put bell peppers and celery in your chili?

I saw a receipe that included bell peppers and celery I wonder if it makes it taste better

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Bell Peppers, yes.  I do prefer Red, orange or yellow Bell Peppers to the Green ones, the green are not as sweet.  I also use Jalapeno and Poblano peppers

• 1 month ago

Bell pepper yes. Celery NO. Celery has a bitter taste and it gets mushy. 

• 1 month ago

I put some chopped red bell pepper in it, and I put it in sloppy joe mix too.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Yes, I put some chopped red bell pepper in it, and I put it in sloppy joe mix too.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Peppers....yes

Celery............. No

• 1 month ago

I put in both.  Bell peppers add a bit of flavor and celery is added for texture and volume.

• 1 month ago

Yes, along with onions. 

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is not uncommon to put both into chili. A type of White Mirepoix i onion, celery and bell pepper is not unusual(standard Mirepoix would be with carrot instead of peppers-or a standard White Mirepoix would have Leek instead of peppers). Any of them works fine since chili is such a 'forgiving' dish. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No I do not.   But more veggies aren't a bad thing.

• 1 month ago

Bell peppers, never, but that's only because they don't agree with me. Celery, yes, if I have any around when I'm making the chili and want to use it up. Celery doesn't alter the taste in a noticeable way. Bell peppers would. Chili is a very flexible dish. Exact quantities and ingredients aren't important, at least they aren't to me. I'm sure that some chili fanatics don't see it that way at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.