Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

Is it okay to keep raw meat in the fridge (Not the freezer) for a couple of days?

Ground pork to be exact. Just using half of it today and planning to use the rest after 2 days.

Should I put it in the freezer now? Or will it be fine to just put in the fridge?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

of course. It was in a cooler(large fridge) in the store..no different.

• David
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

It will be fine in the fridge, just keep it covered or sealed.

• 1 month ago

Yes; this is absolutely fine. Meat will be fine for a few days if kept suitably stored and refrigerated.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The knee jerk reaction is' Yeah, it will be fine'. But it more depends on When the meat was packaged to begin with. One of the things I always do with a store new to me, is to Introduce myself to the Butcher, talk to him, tell him what I usually buy, how I am going to use it, maybe take a picture of the finished dish and show it to him the next time (and throw him a few bucks too). And go to Him each time I go into the store-even if to just say Hello. That way, If I ask him about something I have questions about, he will give me the Real answer-like 'We packaged that 4 days ago'-and I know i don't want to leave it in the fridge 3 more days. I have even had a butcher take something out of my hands and tell me 'No, you don't want that. Come back in 10 minutes and I will give you something else.'

Most folks don't realize that you Can do this in any grocery store. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, as long as it was fresh, a couple of days is fine. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It would depend on how old the meat was to start with. It's best to only buy meat that has a “use by” date.

I'd expect it to be fine for a couple of days if it was reasonably fresh when you bought it.

• 1 month ago

You are good in the fridge for two or three days with ground pork. Package it with as little air as possible in the package. I routinely age beef steaks in the fridge uncovered for four or five days, sprinkled with marinade.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Three days in a 40°F refrigerator, no problem!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.