Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationRail · 3 months ago

What debris on the track could delay a train?

Today, a train got delayed for 30 minutes because it encountered "debris on the tracks". What item could be considered debris that could cause a delay?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Anything which the train driver or the track authorities thought was a danger.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Cows, rocks, mudslides,Native blockades, cars, fallen trees, nudists.(they have to go slowly past them all of course) cars on tracks that shouldn't be there, maybe disconnected from the train in front and never shuttled onto a side track yet....aliens,  a herd of mountain sheep or caribou or a "team of turtles", a Trump rally, a snowslide.It all fits under classification, debris to stop/slow train. DEA burning a field of Marijuana, so the thick smoke "needs" to be inhaled. so the boring train ride turns into a Roller coaster ride.(no extra charge)

• 3 months ago

Lots and lots of things: construction debris, fallen tree limb, dead animal larger than a possum or squirrel--(i.e. a deer), metal bits on the rails--anything that a train could be derailed by.  

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Dead body.    ..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 months ago

Dead animals or a dead human.

• F
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

In the UK , leaves can bring the railway system down. 

• 3 months ago

It could be anything, it's a generic term. Around here, it's quite common after a storm, usually a tree or branch.  The last one I know of here was a trampoline . . . . 

The trains have to stop for it to be safely removed. For the delay to be only 30 minutes I doubt if it was anything serious.

• 3 months ago

Almost anything.  Rocks, tree branches, a bicycle, mud, etc.

• 3 months ago

it could be a person or an animal for all you know

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Many things, including a fallen tree. They wouldn't say dead deer. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.