Evolutionists: are you aware of the Hawaiian climbing fish? It lives in the ocean, climbs up a 330 foot waterfall.?

It reproduces in fresh water then goes down the falls to the ocean. The first goby over the falls had to have the ability to climb back up to reproduce. No chance for evolution to explain that ability.

You do not know the first thing about evolution.  You are not qualified to ask stupid questions about it.

• D g

Evolution covers this 

all the fish that could not climb back either became a different method of breeding or died out 

The ones that climb back could make it the salmon in Canada do the same thing  nothing special about your fish 

Your gotcha idea doesn't work 

Incremental change - big word beyond your comprehension.

• alan P

Evolution is the idea that life today has descended from a succession of different forms of life.  There is a large body of evidence to support this view.  Darwin's theory of natural selection is an explanation for how evolution occurs and it has a lot of followers.  But even if Darwin's explanation is broadly true it does not rule out the possibility that a variety of mechanisms are at work.

Evolution itself is hard to deny but exactly how it happened is still open to debate.  In the case of this fish it seems likely that it's ancestors climbed much smaller waterfalls before being forced to tackle this 100m one.  The fish doesn't know how high the fall is.  All it knows it that it has to keep going until it gets to the top.

• JimZ

Although I believe there is more to this life than is generally understood by science, your question doesn't really help your case IMO.  Evolution drives many inexplicable behaviors.  A goby being able to move through rapids is pretty easy to understand as an adaptation.  Having it climb waterfalls is simply a more difficult task.  

• MARK

There is every chance for what you describe to be explained. What you mean is a combination of a lack of scientific knowledge and understanding combined with a lack of imagination means that you cannot come up with an explanation.

May be that is not true and you could come up with explanation. However, you may be simply too lazy to bother.

A third alternative is you could think of a reason and may, indeed, have done so but you prefer to lie for Jesus.

If no one was able to think of an explanation and everyone was left scratching their heads it would still be wrong to say, 'goddidit'. We know evolution is true and have a huge corpus of evidence to support it. Therefore, if we cannot explain a particular example it simply means we are struggling to explain that example. It does not mean evolution is not true.

As there is not one iota of evidence for the existence of any deity it only makes rational sense to behave as if no gods actually exist. Therefore, it is very safe to say that this was not the result of divine intervention.

I do hope you will not be raising the falsehood of intelligent design. That would just be insulting.

And yet, there it is.  What is your explanation, a miracle?  I can definitely propose an evolutionary process which would lead to favoring a fish that can climb. I cannot say that it would be correct (I was not there to watch the process occur over thousands or hundreds of thousands of years).  However, it is not a case of "No chance for that".

It is not an explanation to say "I am too stupid to see how, therefore God".  Your lack of imagination and thoughtfulness is not proof of god.  I would think it is proof of the absence of such a thing, if anything at all.

• Ron

I'm guessing you believe some sky fairy waved its hand and gave the fish that ability.

• CRR

Here's one of those evolutionary just so stories about it.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/news/2013/1/130... 

Why not? Lots of fishes are able to travel on land. Just off the top of my head, there are eels, walking catfish, and mudskippers.