Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 1 month ago

Name a movie you find confusing?

or makes you think. Thanks in advance

anon: that sounds very confusing : /

I watched the perks of a wallflower and a lot of people liked it but it was super confusing to me like they just skipped random parts without giving the story and at the end this weird thing just happens and I don’t even know where it comes from like I didn’t see any foreshadowing for that

2001 A Space Oddysey, especially the ending

• Shutter Island   

• KTJoe

Not confusing a thinking movie:(The Sixth Sense).

The science of sleep

The Monty Python-ish movie  "Brazil" 

sat thru it twice.......still have no clue what it was suppose to be about .

At the urging of my oldest nephew, a couple days ago I watched a movie he's a big fan of -- Lady in the Water. Talk about confusing...  Basically a convoluted fairy tale,  writer/director M. Night Shyamalan seems to have been making up the lore as he went along, constantly rewriting the rules and changing the lore with each new scene. I found the whole thing an utter chore to follow. Any time it seemed as if it was about to start making sense, Shyamalan would throw in another complication that essentially negated what he'd already established. 

Way more convoluted than it needed to be, and I was left with way more questions than answers. Not least of which was, "What exactly was the point?"

• A Clockwork Orange is confusing but very good movie! 4 stars out of 4

• Mike W

Mulholland Drive.  Perhaps one day after a few more viewings it won't be as confusing. 

Inception

The king daddy of all confusing shows, though, is a TV show that I watched recently. It's a German TV show on Netflix called Dark. I literally had to get out pen and paper and start taking notes and draw a character chart to keep track of who was who and who did what when in this time travel series that involves different characters at different ages across several time periods and then gets doubled when it bridges into a parallel reality that has all the same people but where events transpire slightly differently. I think it might possibly be the most confusing show ever made, for example, your brain completely falls apart when you find out Elisabeth's daughter Charlotte is Elisabeth's mother and that Ulrich's dad, Tronte, traveled back in time and had sex with Ulrich's great, great, great grandmother to father his great, great grandmother, making Tronte both his actual father and his actual great, great grandfather on his father's side as Tronte is Tronte's own great, great grandfather and Tronte's great, great grandson is, you guessed it, Tronte. That's just two examples of probably 20 or more Gordian knots this show spins out.